Sign in to follow this  
zyfu0000

Untitled

zyfu0000    122
I have post the following in the forum "DirectX and XNA",but I think I have posted it in the wrong place,so hear goes. It is several months since I began to write my own engine(I call it Realm Engine) with the help of the ZFX Engine in the book <3D Game Engine Programing>.By now,I have completed several modules. But there maybe four faults in it,so I come to you all for help. 1. When I use the code SetView3D() or SetViewLookAt() to set the camera,it doesn't work even after I change the the Right,Up,Pos,Dir vector. What's worst,the sentence D3DXMatrixLookAtLH() doesn't work,either.Is there somewhere I have set it wrong? 2. I try to draw a triangle in the application.But if I set the parameter Z of vertexs' position less than 0.0f or larger than 1.0f,it woun't be drawn to the screen.I know it must be culled by the frustum,but I set it 1.0f---1000.0f using SetClipPlanes(1.0f,1000.0f); 3. When I try to draw a sphere in the application,a ellipse comes out instead of the sphere with its X-axis extended.So I have to scale the world matrix to keep its shape to still be a sphere.It mybe the aspect in the perspective projection matrix or the scale between width/height of the backbuffer,but I have checked it very carefully find nothing. 4. When I apply a texture to a triangle,its color in texture will be coved by the material.The texture just can be seen blurry,but you can see it for sure.And the texture looks lowering. Those four problems puzzle me for two weeks,but I cannot solve it.So please think about them.Thanks a lot!

Evil Steve    2017
Please don't cross post - if you think you've posted in the wrong section, PM a moderator and ask them to move it.

DirectX and XNA is probably the best place for the topic, closing this one.

I've replied to your other post.