Sign in to follow this  
dfx_slayer

Need Help To Start..

I'm already familiar with c++, but not with visual c++ .net.. could anyone give me advices? where should i start? pliz help me.. T.T anyway, i'm not the theoritical type, i just like to learn by practicing from some examples.. thx..

"visual c++ .net" isn't really a product (the 2003 versions of Visual Studio called themselves "Visual Studio .NET" but that was just a branding thing, it caused some confusion among the userbase so Microsoft seems to have wisely abandoned that moniker in favor of simpler, year-based branding). "Visual C++" generally refers to the IDE -- not a language -- with which you can develop C++ applications.

You can find plenty of information about how to use that IDE, documentation about its features, et cetera, on MSDN.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when they added '.NET' as a suffix, weren't they referring to implementing the .NET libraries?

but i'm confuse with visual c++ .net structure.. T.T
is there any ebook that i can learn visual c++ .net by practicing some examples?

Like Josh mentioned, there is no language of "visual C++", only an IDE. There is a .NET version of C++, i.e. C++ designed to be used with the .NET framework. I believe it's referred to as C++/CLI.

So the question becomes:
(1) Are you having trouble with the structure of the IDE (like understanding how to create/build your code, link in libraries, and organize projects)?

(2) or are you trying to learn C++/CLI, and need assistance with the specifics of the language?