2D Animation from 3D... Newbie asks

Started by
1 comment, last by Calabi 14 years, 11 months ago
My first Hi to all friends.... Question: Would you please tell me how to convert animated 3d models into 2d images? The Problem: I have downloaded a few animated 3d models(3ds, b3d format) from turbosquid. I need to convert them into 2d images with all animated frames. Image format should support transparency(gif, png etc) and edges should be anti-aliased. Which software to use for this. I have tried Right Hemisphere deep exploration (demo, allows save) but it renders only a single frame. Don't advise 3ds max. Its huge and I am new. So is there any b3d, 3ds to @D animation (gif or png) renderer? Thanks for help.
Advertisement
Position your camera and render the requisite number of frames (set duration of animation at specified framerate). If you don't know what that means, then start at the beginning and learn about how 3D software works. This is not a bad place to start.
I've been trying to figure this out myself and I have found a decent program which is reasonably simple to use and has loads of resources.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAZ_Studio

It took me a while to figure out how to get the camera to work in isometric mode(you have to turn of perspective in the camera properties), but I have set up eight cameras around a 3d model. With it I can easily create animations and render them from any direction.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement