ok so im' a bit new

Started by
17 comments, last by blade5 14 years, 11 months ago
I would image the People at EA still need a reference now and then you never really stop needing one i think especially with C++ since there is a lot to it but its not C++ Syntax that you are likely to reference more so the library you may be using.

Regards Jouei.
Advertisement
Ah thanks so you gusy think they generally use references for like certain what would you say? Sorry for the questions just a curiosity thing.
EVERYTHING! :D. Seriously... probably not for extreme basics like how to create a window because when you're a professional you tend to be able to do that from memory, I know how to :) but only recently learned how... long story. The basic story is that when people are learning how to program they usually just find out how to use a function and memorise its uses and when the need arises to use the function they go to their reference and check out the parameters and what not... in some cases people just forget the parameters and need a reference which seems to be the most common use for a reference... seeing as how I usually use references for the same reason.
oh ok thank you. I figured most people that used c++ that to know it you have to know everything by heart :P.
Quote:Original post by blade5
oh ok thank you. I figured most people that used c++ that to know it you have to know everything by heart :P.
Most people only stop learning C++ if they decide to stop using it.
Quote:Original post by dmatter
Most people only stop learning C++ if they decide to stop using it.

QFT

All the engineers around me at work have countless references at their desks, I can tell you which language they're working in at any one time by which books have been pulled from the shelves. And plenty are even of the "for dummies" or "beginners" persuasion ;)

Hazard Pay :: FPS/RTS in SharpDX (gathering dust, retained for... historical purposes)
DeviantArt :: Because right-brain needs love too (also pretty neglected these days)

Ok so last question (for awhile hopefully).

If your not good at math will you be a bad programmer? I wouldn't say i'm terrible at math but I wouldn't say i'm the best at it either. Is Math a big essential to being good at programming? Thanks in advance.
Being good at teamwork and communication tends to be at least as important, despite all attempts to the contrary. Having a mathematically oriented view can help with a lot of programming, but much of the time the actual math requirements are no greater than what middle school (age 14) gives you.
Oh ok lol then I should be fine :P.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement