how to get a value at runtime

Started by
7 comments, last by Beyond_Repair 14 years, 11 months ago
I am making a game in c sharp XNA. i want to get a value at the runtime that is the player's position in the form of vector. how will i do that. plus i have an xyz plane value .how will i convert it to an integer value.
Advertisement
If you want the position of the player, you need to keep up with that in your code... there is no intrinsic "player position" in XNA.

I'm not sure what you are talking, regarding the integer/plane question.
i m also asking about how i will use the function which will read these values.

the syntax in C sharp.
and the second question is

that i have an xyz plane. i want to compare its value to an integer or apply ">" operator on it. how will i do it.

Quote:Original post by meherzad
and the second question is that i have an xyz plane. i want to compare its value to an integer or apply ">" operator on it. how will i do it.
What does comparing a plane with an integer mean?? When is an integer greater than a plane? Is an apple less than an orange?
bool Compare(Plane p, int i){  throw new Exception("WTF is this shit?");}

That should do what you want.
I am making a game in c sharp XNA. i want to get a value at the runtime that is the player's position in the form of vector. how will i do that.

This isn't something you read, this is something you set.

Quote:
i have an xyz plane value .how will i convert it to an integer value.

I'm more curious about what problem you believe this is a solution to - maybe we can find a method that makes sense.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
and the second question is

that i have an xyz plane. i want to compare its value to an integer or apply ">" operator on it. how will i do it.

Planes cannot be "ordered", because they can (and in fact, almost always do) intersect (meaning that you can't meaningfully say one is "less than" the other). Why do you want to do this comparison? What do you think it will help you do?
My guess is that he wants to calculate the closest/perpendicular distance to the plane from the player's position. (So he can make test like if(dist < 0) { /*position is under ground */ }.

And I guess he means scalar and not integer..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement