Sign in to follow this  
Samir Mehta

[.net] How to insert 3D object into a video

Samir Mehta    122
Hi friends, I want to make a tool to place a 3D object anywhere in a video scene. The inserted object’s view in the video should change accordingly as the video plays (perspective viewing, appear smaller if it is far and bigger as we go closer and disappear as we go past i.e. it should appear realistic). The video will be of a corridor or a similar place and will be in portrait format. The tool needs to be made using OpenGL and C#. I have some questions in this regards: 1. Is it possible to develop this tool by using Tao framework. 2. If yes then can any member give me some idea on how can I move forward or any useful reference, tutorials, samples. 3. If it is not possible then can any member suggest any other framework or approach through which this tool can be developed. I have to develop this tool to submit it to my university. Hence kindly reply to this mail. Thanks in advance, Samir

cignox1    735
If I undersood you correctly, you want to make a camera tracking tool. Well, this will be anything but easy, lot of math involved. Unfortunately, I can't help you more except than pointing toward the free (but not open source) Vodoo.