Sign in to follow this  
spuckfunkel

microsia - molecular tunes / become a DJ and VJ in one person / released

spuckfunkel    122
hi there, i just released my new game/tool. it's called "microsia - molecular tunes" and lets the player dive into a plant cell to explore the sound of the microcosm. Within the cell there are a multiplicity of cell particles which he can manipulate to generate music and visual effects. The particles' interplay creates new audio-visual compositions again and again. The player becomes a Dj and Vj in one person and performes audiovisual compositions. you can download a trial and watch a film about it at: www.microsia.de

Mybowlcut    176
WOW. That is trippy. Very nice interface and I actually really enjoyed playing around with it. I could see myself using that to create music for games I make... if the commercial version wasn't $180 AUSD hehe.

Awesome job. How many people worked on this?

CmpDev    100
I like the look of this but your own video does not seem to do it justice. The "music" which is in the video is mostly just noise, seeing as this is created by the author of the programme it does not bear well for any potential users. Maybe it would be an idea to create a better sounding demonstration of the application.

spuckfunkel    122
@Mybowlcut:
yeah, maybe i have to lower the price. i will see.
all this is done only by me. it was a project for my study. i'm studying visuall communications. glad you like it.

@Mybowlcut:
why do you think the music in the vid is noisy? it is a little experimental but this is in fact the music which is produced by the game.

CmpDev    100
Quote:
Original post by spuckfunkel

@Mybowlcut:
why do you think the music in the vid is noisy? it is a little experimental but this is in fact the music which is produced by the game.

I assume this is directed to me?
Experimental is one way of putting it! "...manipulate to generate music and visual effects..." The application has the aim of being a music composer of sorts (disregarding the visual effects as I really like them), but the _music_ that is in the video is either not to my taste or just plain rubbish for the most part. The video should show the application off to its best and this is something which I do not feel it is doing. To me personally it says "come and buy this nice looking application that creates moise."

Sign in to follow this