Sign in to follow this  
romkenny

problems with boost::filesystem static libraries

romkenny    122
Hi, I'm trying to generate the: libboost_filesystem-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib which depends on: libboost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib I've tried the following: bjam debug release link=static bjam link=static,shared debug release threading=multi --toolset=msvc-8.0 --without-python --without-mpi but I can't get the libboost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib. All I get instead is: boost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.dll + boost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib. Anybody else run into this problem? Appreciate any tip.

Aszarsha    122
bjam variant=debug variant=release link=shared link=static threading=multi runtime-link=shared stage
Works here. Add toolset before variant if auto-detection doesn't work.

romkenny    122
Thanks for your input guys.

Aszarsha, the switches you suggested didn't help. I noticed that with all of them I indeed get a \boost_1_38_0\bin.v2\libs\system\ folder but if I use just

bjam variant=debug link=static threading=multi stage

the system libraries are not built. Dunno why, being that those switches were meant for different targets. Could it be that for some targets there's no filesystem---->system dependecy? Then why am I asked for the second libboost_system?
Toolset or not, still no change.

MikeTacular, I've tried the installer and, strangely enough, it outputs only the boost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib. The one prefixed by lib (trademark of the windows static linked libraries) isn't present.

What bugs me is that I've used other boost libs and I've never run into this kind of problem before. link=static is usually the only switch needed for the bjam.
I'm trying to test the very first serialization demo and it doesn't get any easier than this. Could it be something wrong with the auto-link feature of the serialization headers?

Cornstalks    7030
Quote:
Original post by romkenny
MikeTacular, I've tried the installer and, strangely enough, it outputs only the boost_system-vc80-mt-gd-1_38.lib. The one prefixed by lib (trademark of the windows static linked libraries) isn't present.

Did you choose to install the static libraries? You can choose if you want to install static or dynamic (or both) lib versions. Take a close look at what checkboxes you are/aren't selecting when installing.