C++ Vector Heap Bug?

Started by
3 comments, last by Zahlman 14 years, 11 months ago
return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1); I get an exception on this line in malloc.c I'm using vectors extensively and am wondering, if you simply use too many vectors will there be problems? It doesn't seem to matter which type I use, when I use push_back it gives me this error on the nth vector I use.
Advertisement
If you want help with a question like this, you're going to have to post some code. There's more likely to be a bug in your code than there is in the vector code.
Quote:
I'm using vectors extensively and am wondering, if you simply use too many vectors will there be problems?

Almost certainly not. Usually, it is the types you store in the vector or the way you use the vector that is at fault.
std::vector is used by an extremely large number of people. The chances of there being a crash-level bug in your local Standard C++ Library implementation are virtually zero, something you can't say for any alternative code you'd write yourself.

It's much more likely the bug lies in your code. We're going to have to actually see some of it to tell you what, specifically, though.
Quote:Original post by VprMatrix89
return HeapAlloc(_crtheap, 0, size ? size : 1);

I get an exception on this line in malloc.c
I'm using vectors extensively and am wondering, if you simply use too many vectors will there be problems?
It doesn't seem to matter which type I use, when I use push_back it gives me this error on the nth vector I use.

Is 'n' an exact number?
Have you tried it with non-class types?
Are you doing anything else at all besides calling functions on the vectors?

Actually, never mind that. We're not psychic; show some code. We can't fix what we can't see.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement