Free Sprite Sheets

Started by
4 comments, last by hurstshifter 14 years, 11 months ago
Does anyone know of a database of sprite sheets that are already formatted into proper clip regions? Something that I could use while working on test projects.
Advertisement
/bump

anyone? :(
Clip regions?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
Clip regions?

Sorry if I don't have the terminology down I just assumed that it would be understood. I am brand new to graphics programming. What I mean is the sprite sheet is organized into 16x16, 4x8, 2x4, etc... sprites already so that it is easier for me to clip a region or multiple regions of the sheet without having to do any tedious calculations.
I think that people usually create an animation editor so they can load any sprite sheet and define multiple things about each sheet because they are all different.

This type of editor would allow you to set anchor points, define the view rect (clip region) and also things like collision rects etc.

Putting time into an editor like this can increase content generation greatly.

But if your only looking for pre formated sprite sheets that are all the same size: I googled sprite sheets and http://spritecity0.tripod.com/id4.html was the first link.
Quote:Original post by agaudreau
I think that people usually create an animation editor so they can load any sprite sheet and define multiple things about each sheet because they are all different.

This type of editor would allow you to set anchor points, define the view rect (clip region) and also things like collision rects etc.

Putting time into an editor like this can increase content generation greatly.

But if your only looking for pre formated sprite sheets that are all the same size: I googled sprite sheets and http://spritecity0.tripod.com/id4.html was the first link.

Thanks a lot, exactly the info I was looking for. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement