Development Tools For PlayStation2

Started by
6 comments, last by Babu 24 years ago
I don't think there is any software (other than sony's) you can use to work with the PSX2. Try the developer section on www.playstation2.com

later -
Nathan Strandberg
CEO, Dira Interactive

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more.."
Advertisement
Hello,
Where can I get software development tools for playstation2. I mean where can I buy them.
Does any other third company sells software development tools other than SONY.
I really appreciate if anyone of you provide me with some help.

Thanks
Babu
babu_games@yahoo.com

------------------
babu_games@yahoo.com

Thanks for your feedback.
Really www.playstation2.com is a very good site.
I actually work for a company who are in the multimedia business and we want to design and develop some plug-in's for Playstation2, Dreamcast, etc., That's the reason why I asked for Software Development Tools for PS2.

I didn't find any other third party company developing SDK's for PS2 - If you know please let me know.

Thanks
Babu
babu_games@yahoo.com

[This message has been edited by Babu (edited October 27, 1999).]

babu_games@yahoo.com
Expect to pay $15,000 to 25,000 or so for each dev kit and you have to be approved as a developer first. They most assuredly wont be approving any unproven developers for a bit, and they control what games can and cant be publishers for their systems.

If you want to work on the PSX2, your best bet is to either join a company that is doing games on them, or find a publisher looking for dev teams to do them.

-Geoff

quote:Original post by ghowland

Expect to pay $15,000 to 25,000 or so for each dev kit and you have to be approved as a developer first.them.

-Geoff

It is $18,000. You can just develop games for computer for about $600.

Does anyone listen to Destiny''s Child, TLC, or Sammie?
Like the high-end camcorder is the tool of the independent film-maker, so the PC/Mac is the tool of the independent game developer.

DavidRM
Samu Games
This may not be legit, and I by no means am condoning this, but I remember a while back for the original psx, a cable/link of some sort was developed to hook up your psx to your psx and you could code games directly from their. I never tried that in any way, so I don''t know if it works or not, but I remember reading a bit about it. I wonder why console developers are so cautious of independant coders. It could help future developers of the system get experience on the environment, hence better games. But i suppose there is downsides too... whatever

We shall be free; th'' Almighty hath not build here for his ervy, will not drive us hence: Here we may reign secure and in my choyce To reign is worth ambition though in Hell: Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav''n.
We shall be free; th'' Almighty hath not build here for his ervy, will not drive us hence: Here we may reign secure and in my choyce To reign is worth ambition though in Hell: Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav''n.
oh yeah, I just remembered... I remember that some people even developed some tools where you could code in qbasic and develop psx games with that. lol

>It is $18,000. You can just develop games for computer for about $600.

Mmmm...tic tac toe.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement