Lost is amazing.

Started by
28 comments, last by Hodgman 14 years, 11 months ago
Did anyone watch yesterday's episode? I'm sure I'm not the only one who did. Thoughts? I have to say, I can see why some people wouldn't like it. But I find that of the things people complain about I either don't care or I like them. I have to say, despite all of the weird stuff that just happened, there was a great deal of foreshadowing leading up to it.
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Advertisement
You "Lost" me - LOL!
Anyways, I'll get back to replying after I watch "Lost" on dvd.
Right now I'm catching up on my Hero and Dr. Who dvd's. If Lost is half as good as "Hero's" I'm sure it's amazing. Personally, I don't watch anything current on tv/cable don't like other's dictating when/what I should watch.
Only downsides is when I'm on the net and come across spoilers -- glad there were none here.

[size="2"]Don't talk about writing games, don't write design docs, don't spend your time on web boards. Sit in your house write 20 games when you complete them you will either want to do it the rest of your life or not * Andre Lamothe
Quote:Original post by daviangel
You "Lost" me - LOL!
Anyways, I'll get back to replying after I watch "Lost" on dvd.
Right now I'm catching up on my Hero and Dr. Who dvd's. If Lost is half as good as "Hero's" I'm sure it's amazing. Personally, I don't watch anything current on tv/cable don't like other's dictating when/what I should watch.
Only downsides is when I'm on the net and come across spoilers -- glad there were none here.

If you're from the United States you can watch a streaming version of the most recent season of Lost on ABC's website (and possibly all of the other seasons as well) instead of getting the DVD when it comes out.
Lost... I started the first season when it first came out, and though it was pretty random. They continually added new "mysteries" without answering any. I stopped watching it years ago. Hope it got better, but looking at others series it probably didn't.

What I talk about is that the first season of a lot of series are awesome, but seasons after that are usually crap. Anyway, here's a list of what I watched and it apply to most of them:
-Heroes
-Prison break
-Battlestar Galactica
-Terminator TSCC
-Breaking Bad (awesome)
-Fringe
Quote:Original post by Dunge
They continually added new "mysteries" without answering any. I stopped watching it years ago. Hope it got better, but looking at others series it probably didn't.

Oluseyi said the same thing in the Star Trek thread. Coincidentally, he doesn't watch the show either.

I mean, like I said, I can see why people wouldn't like it, but saying it's bad without having actually watched the majority of it doesn't really make for good conversation about it.
LOST is by far the greatest show known to man... just sucks we have to wait another 9 months to see it again.
--------------------------Check out my free, top-down multiplayer shooter: Subvein
Quote:Oluseyi said the same thing in the Star Trek thread. Coincidentally, he doesn't watch the show either.

Yeah, and it's annoying as usual. Here's what really happened with Lost:

-Lost gets super popular.
-A bunch of braindead TV zombies start watching Lost.
-A bunch of braindead TV zombies start complaining about having to think for once.
-People who don't watch Lost hear all the complaints from the braindead TV zombies.
-Lost moves forward really quickly, resolves tons of mysteries and continues to be the best show on TV while the people who don't watch it keep parroting the complaints that other people had three entire seasons ago (which were petty to begin with).

I mean the basic philosophy has always been really simple: Answer one question while asking three more. That doesn't mean nothing get answered... it just means a lot gets asked. Lost asks a lot from the viewer. You're not supposed to consume Lost as passive entertainment and that confuses and frustrates people.

The fact that Lost is tackling time travel without the whole plotline breaking down makes it a landmark piece of entertainment. We'll see if they can keep it up for their last season but it's pretty incredible that they've pulled it off this far, especially within a show that was incredibly complex to begin with.
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
This season has been more about answering questions than introducing new mysteries, but in the process, that has meant introducing questions that the viewer can take away and chew on for a while. The season finale was really good television. There were even a view moments worthy of cinema, but if I mention them specifically I'll give too much away. The ending was rather astounding too. Usually when a show ends a season on a cliff hanger, it's still pretty easy to guess what will happen next, but not with that ending. Whatever the case, next season will be the last season, or so the show's producers claim.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Quote:Original post by cowsarenotevil
Quote:Original post by Dunge
They continually added new "mysteries" without answering any. I stopped watching it years ago. Hope it got better, but looking at others series it probably didn't.

Oluseyi said the same thing in the Star Trek thread. Coincidentally, he doesn't watch the show either.

I mean, like I said, I can see why people wouldn't like it, but saying it's bad without having actually watched the majority of it doesn't really make for good conversation about it.

I don't know, after the first few bites of a poop sandwich, I'm not going to hope it gets any better somewhere in the middle. I'm going to stop and claim it was always and completely a poop sandwich.

But maybe that's just me and poop sandwiches. :)

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

I'm still not a huge fan of the time travel direction they took but, that said, it's been a pretty consistently great show.

The finale was rad too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement