• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
gogogigo

How to handle "DeviceLost"

This topic is 3321 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know this theme was discussed in some other threads... but i even don't know how to handle "DeviceLost" (MDX). My Application is based on: - 1 device - 1 mesh - some textures - 2 effects I tried to recreate all of these objects, i tried to use the Reset-, OnLostDevice- and OnResetDevice-Methodes, but without success. I only get this error "Fehler in der Anwendung", what means something like "Error in Application". I think my "order" of the methodes is wrong. I really need help here... I would be pleased if you could help me. :)

Advertisement
Lost Devices

You will have to reload the device and then reload all your resources that were allocated in the default pool with the new device.

If you get the error "Fehler in der Anwendung", this means you did something wrong and without a look at your code nobody will be able to tell you what it is.

Also MDX is as dead as it can possibly be. It has not even been included in the DirectX SDK for a long time now. You should consider to use XNA or SlimDX instead.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!