Getting VERY frustrated!

Started by
9 comments, last by Toolmaker 14 years, 11 months ago
Im trying to download php off php.net and its giving me problems. idk what the hell im doing in any case and when I attempt to download one of the files the box CONSTANTLY keeps comign up saying "open" or "save". No matter what I choose the damn thing keeps poping up and Im getting so frustrated. Apparently idk how to download things.. Can someone give me a step by step walkthrough on how they downloaded php please
Advertisement
Right click and save-link as. Does that work?
Hmm I ran the software but didnt know what to do when the list of things came down about apache module and stuff... do you know what im talking about?
Maybe you should explain what the problem is - or at least, what you're attempting to do?
It sounds as if you're wanting to run a php-server?
"Game Maker For Life, probably never professional thou." =)
Download XAMPP, it's easier. It integrates Apache, PHP, MySQL.
+1 to the above, or WAMP if you prefer.
I've tried XAMPP. Hate it. If you want to learn web development without having to learn server technology, download and install AppServ. I linked you to an older version because the newer version uses the unfinished version of php6, which will give you trouble using certain calls, such as magic_quotes.
I found XAMPP extremely simple and I don't see what's better with AppServ. And without learning a limited amount about "server technology" you won't get anywhere.
BTW I found this newcomer: Zend Server Community Edition it's pretty sweet though a bit advanced; but it gives you a web GUI for PHP administration.
Well, I'm not really sure. I knew a good amount about server technologies before I even started learning PHP, but I didn't really have to worry about any of that until I started getting into some pretty advanced concepts, and even then there were other ways around doing what I was trying to do. That being said, you can view a server as a car, and the driver as the person developing in PHP. The driver doesn't need to know how the car works to be able to keep it on the road.
Quote:Original post by Joshuad
The driver doesn't need to know how the car works to be able to keep it on the road.

...until you run out of gas. That's of course, unless you have someone who maintains your car regularly (that would be a server administrator).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement