annoying alt-tabbing issue with Vista

Started by
-1 comments, last by shazbotian 14 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone, I have a bit of a strange problem... I've been working on an OpenGl strategy game for some time now, and I'm really getting fed up with this annoying alt-tab issue: whenever I run my game, either through the Visual Studio 2008 Express IDE debugger, or from a seperate executable (produced by the IDE, of course), it responds unlike any other app to alt tabbing: it always appears at the end of the alt-tab list. This is unlike normal apps in that usually pressing alt-tab once returns you to the app you were last "at". To reach my game, I must always either use alt-shift-tab (going backwards) or alt-tab through every single app currently open. Its especially annoying when I'm running multiple instances to locally test multiplayer. Does anyone have any idea why this would occur? I'm building my app as a standard Win32 app (no console). I'm guessing I can twiddle with something in the project settings to fix this, but I haven't the foggiest what that would be. In case it matters, I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit. Here is an image of what I see when I alt-tab: The two apps in the lower right are my game; the first running from the IDE's debugger, the second from an executable in a completely seperate folder. Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! [Edited by - shazbotian on May 16, 2009 7:48:49 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement