• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jdub

TI-84+ emulator?

This topic is 3497 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was wondering if there are any free TI-84+ emulators available? I want something that I can test my z80 code on before I send it over to my calculator.

Advertisement
List of emulators - just google, there are more
I was told that Virtual-TI is pretty good. I own a 83-Plus myself and a Voyage 200. From what I know the 84-Plus and the 83-Plus are pretty much the same (like most TI Calculators to be honest). The TI-84* still doesn't have any good emulators it seems so you should try emulating a 83-Plus which is emulated by far better (hell, its even emulated on the PSP and the DS ;) ) and hope that the app works on your 84-Plus too.

Quote:
Original post by J-Fox
From what I know the 84-Plus and the 83-Plus are pretty much the same (like most TI Calculators to be honest).
Since you have the Voyager 200 you should know that's not entirely accurate. The TI-8* series are almost all the same, except the TI-89 which packs the Computer Algebra System of the TI-92/Voyager 200 in the form factor of the TI-8* series. So basically the TI-89 beats the tar out of the others. It's interesting, the people who run the ACT test have now banned it for that test (even though I used it many years ago), though the College Board hasn't done so for the SAT yet.

Anyway, the TI-84+ is pretty much the TI-83+ with a faster processor, more memory, and a USB port. If I'm not mistaken, TI-83+ files work on TI-84+ as-is. If you must have the TI-84+ though, there is the open source TI Linux Emulator (abbr. TiLEm - latest Windows version here). It appears to have been abandoned for a couple years now, however. You'll also need the ROM image from your calculator to use it, probably using TILP-II.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!