• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DesignerX

Need a help with a game design

This topic is 3493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I am working on a short quest game where the player collects items and solves puzzles. I started with the game design document and described the concept, story and the other related stuff. I also wrote a success-scenario which describes the entire flow for reaching game victory (i.e. what the player does to reach game victory). My question(s) is this : Where do I write all-game possible scenarios ? Do I write game use cases in the game design document (in a general way as possible) ? Do I write it in the design document where all the programming stuff is ? Is it even done with game use cases or use cases are used only for the system design (i.e. when going into programming aspects) ??? I have been thinking of it for some time and will appreciate any opinion given. Thx.

Advertisement
Its really up to you where you write the scenarios at. You could put them in the design doc, since it is part of the design. Some people make a storyline completely seperate from that, and you could put it in something like that.

I wouldn't put it in the programming parts of the doc though, and you should have a technical document for the programming, seperate completely from design. You want to design first, then put the technical aspects of the design down seperate.

Ok then. I'll put them in my design doc without any technical refernce. I just wanted to have all possible scenarios so I'll know what kind of things I'll need when I start the programming design.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!