• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
user88

[.net] unknown hlsl code snipped

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. I try to make post-process on MDX. So, i find corresponding sample in "DirecX Sample Browser" and integrated it in our app. In some effect files of this sample i have found non understandable code snipped: ---------------------------- float2 TexelKernel[g_cKernelSize] < string ConvertPixelsToTexels = "PixelKernel"; >; ---------------------------- In sample app this code uses as: ---------------------------- hAnnotation = m_pEffect->GetAnnotationByName( hParamToConvert, "ConvertPixelsToTexels" ) ---------------------------- I tried to find explanation in MSDN but it was unseccess. If anyone can explane me what does it means, please do it..

Advertisement
Oh.. Now I have understood that it was simple "Annotation"

if anybody is interested here is a link to thread whitch contains good explanation: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=336713

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!