• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
AshwinSathya

OpenGL OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL

This topic is 3401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, i am a newbie to OpenGL as such i want some help regarding the list of common functions between OpenGL ES 2.0 and OpenGL 1.4 and also regarding the compatibility issues , if any thanks

Advertisement
What are you trying to do? Are you programming for a mobile device or a desktop platform?

From this page:

"OpenGL ES 1.1 is defined relative to the OpenGL 1.5 specification" and "OpenGL ES 2.0 is defined relative to the OpenGL 2.0 specification".

As far as I know the biggest difference between the two ES:s are shader support. E.g. the iPhone supports 1.1, and thus does not support shaders.

If you want a list of the supported functions you have to choose an API (ES or desktop) and a version. Eg. here is the list of functions for ES 2.0.

I don't know about any list that compares GL ES 2.0 and GL 1.4. Feel free to make one and we'll upload it.

Compatibility issues? Context creation is not crossplatform in OpenGL for some reason.

hey thanks for the info mann
one more thing
is it possible to map the FBO into some other process's space or its own space ??
as in is it possible to make a buffer of our own and create a FBO outta it ??

but i need some sorta control over the FBO i create..
is there a way to come over it ??
also i need information on how the buffer is exactly rendered on to the actual screeen ??

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!