• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
puddinlover

Any 2D engine with Drag&Drop map creation and diverse scripting and client-server?

This topic is 3324 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

This will be my last summer that I will have a good amount of free time and I really wanna give a serious shot a getting a 'polished' morpg up and running. I was going to make my own browser game using PHP/Mysql but decided to look for an engine for client-server play instead. I'm terrible at texturing so 3D is out of the question. In a nutshell I'm looking for a very childish 2D 'mmorpg' engine that has is stable and has a nice community. It needs to have a built in map/world creator and a diverse scripting language. I own realmcrafter but it is 3D and I also own Game Maker Pro but the scripting limits me too much (but I really love the drag and drop visual side of it... easy to create games). VBgore seems nice but for some reason I just don't really care to learn VB6 right now and they are rewriting it to VB.net so not sure if what I make now will port over to new version. I would like it to have a more mature community if possible and it doesnt matter if it cost money. A stable engine with active updates and is made for rapid development would be nice. I'm also trying to avoid any of those knock-offs you see all over the place... they just seem like cookie cutter engines spawn off one another. (The key is that I want to be able to get a working game out very fast or even have the engine come with one so I can focus on scripting in my own features.)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!