• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Meshboy

Im giving up soon!!!

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Seriously, in 3D modeling, everything that can go wrong is going wrong. it seems that tiling don´t work when converting 3ds model to .X so i can only use Plane primitive form to build my levels. But yesterday i found the AEC Extended wall to build my levels. But of course when texturing a 1width and 10 height square wall the texture is not displaying right. What is up with this? 3DS MAX seems to have settings for everything! I just do following: 1 create a square wall. 2 Adding Texture And the texture is displaying wrong. But on a plane this works of course. Anyone tried to put a texture on a AEC Extended Wall in 3DS MAX and it looks correct???!?!? [Edited by - Meshboy on May 18, 2009 2:37:40 PM]

Advertisement
Take it easy! To quote my dad "Anything worth doing is probably going to be hard."

I haven't worked with Max before (just Maya, and even then it's been a while) but I imagine that there is a setting somewhere, either in Max itself or in the exporter that needs to be set to allow texture tiling. Either that or a renderstate in the actual app that needs to be set to allow tiling.

Perhaps someone here with more experience in Max can give you a hand.

Hehe, my hard work has resulted in something good, finally =)

i figured out that if i used the modifyer UWMap then the tiling was included with the conversion and the textures looked 100% correct!

but i still think that simple things to do in 3ds max sometimes is more hard than it should be ;)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!