• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Jouei

C++ DLL for C#

This topic is 3412 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wish to create a Win32 Console Rendering class in C++ and use it in C# I mostly need a few pointers and any information that you think will help. The reason i am doing this is that i find that C++ has better abilty to render Characters and map like stuff better then C# where C# mostly just has a write line ability witch is lacking. A few pieces of information that may be helpful. C++ Writing a class in a DLL. C++ Wriing a Mixed DLL - So i can write a wrapper to be used in C# i hear this is probably the best way to do this. C# loading the DLL - Anything that has to be done in a special way to make things work beside the generic way of loading a DLL. Thanks a bunch ahead of time. Regards jouei.

Advertisement
C# can write to console any characers in any color you want.
See here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.console_members.aspx

I know it can Write characters in any color i want it was more so a project to learn from and i have a class that does it nicely already so i thought i would see if i could reuse it more or less. I also thought it would also be a bit of a challenge.

Regards Jouei.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!