Compressing problem

Started by
38 comments, last by jpetrie 14 years, 10 months ago
For first I whould like to say hello here to everybody on gamedev.net I have a small problem with packing my moded files on game dh2005 there are files called data.00x and they supposed to be a zlib compression. I did try other forums to resolve my problem and get this answer " the compression is the classical zlib one and is applied to the filetable and optionally to the files (XTYPE & 1), the rest is encryption (visible in the script through the x10194eac variables)" I have one main folder and about 8 subfolders in it! I dont no about compressing files and so this answer didnt say me anything , I hope you here can help me :) Thank you.... header.bin http://www.2shared.com/file/5855346/e5f433c7/head.html [Edited by - deve on May 19, 2009 11:38:36 AM]
Advertisement
What exactly is your problem? You don't know how to compress the files?
I don't know what dh2005 is but some games (like Doom3) use data files with a file extension (i think it is .pak or something) but they are just normal zip files. So if you change the extension to .zip you can open them in Windows like any normal zip file. If this is the same you can just use a compression program to zip them up then just change the file extension to .00x
[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers
Quote:Original post by XTAL256
What exactly is your problem? You don't know how to compress the files?
I don't know what dh2005 is but some games (like Doom3) use data files with a file extension (i think it is .pak or something) but they are just normal zip files. So if you change the extension to .zip you can open them in Windows like any normal zip file. If this is the same you can just use a compression program to zip them up then just change the file extension to .00x

My problem is compressing the folders one main folder and subfolders in it.Its not a .pak file like in doom3 its kind a different compression and I need to compress my moded files to it . Here is a head cuted with filecutter :
http://www.2shared.com/file/5844829/aa9828e4/head.html

So I guess nobody is helping me out here :(
Quote:So I guess nobody is helping me out here :(

Nobody really has a clue what you want.

Quote:I have a small problem with packing my moded files

And what exactly is this problem?

Google says DH2005 is Deer Hunter 2005. Is that correct?
Are there any modding tools that can build these packages? Google says there is a modding community for Deer Hunter.
And how did you make these mods? Usually all files are so specific that in order to modify them, you need to be aware of how to mod the game beforehand. Considering you apparently have some new assets, they were made based on some tutorial or some guide specific to the game, which would likely explain how to pack them as well, if that is even needed.
Quote:Original post by deve
First, I would like to say hello here to everybody on gamedev.net.

I have a small problem with packing my modded files for the game "dh2005". There are files with names like 'data.00x' and they are supposed to be compressed with zlib. I tried other forums to resolve my problem and got this answer:

"The compression is classical zlib, and is applied to the filetable and optionally to the files (XTYPE & 1), the rest is encryption (visible in the script through the x10194eac variables)"

I have one main folder with about 8 subfolders!
I don't know about compressing files and so this answer didn't tell me anything... I hope you here can help me :)
Thank you....

So what is your question?
My problem is very easy I have to pack the a folder with subfolders for dh2005 game. the game uses data.001 files where the modified files in. I did modified new ones and now need to pack them into data.002 so the game can read the new files ...

if you need more info : I have unpacked the game data and modified desired profiles and added new stuff and put them in correct order with the fodlers.Need to pack them into data.002 thats all a header.bin of the original data.001 is included on my first post..

I have unpacked the game data and modified desired profiles

The tool you used to unpack - can it pack as well?
Quote:Original post by Antheus

I have unpacked the game data and modified desired profiles

The tool you used to unpack - can it pack as well?

of course it does not why should I ask then for packing its just a unpacker no packing with this one.
Zlib doesn't compress entire directories, only single datastreams, so just saying "use zlib to compress" isn't the whole story. You also need to know how the file table is built, how files are arranged, whether compression is per-file or overall, etc.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement