Compressing problem

Started by
38 comments, last by jpetrie 14 years, 11 months ago
Quote:Original post by Sneftel
Zlib doesn't compress entire directories, only single datastreams, so just saying "use zlib to compress" isn't the whole story. You also need to know how the file table is built, how files are arranged, whether compression is per-file or overall, etc.

yes think so but I really dont understand about packing and what I shell do to pack my files, what you say doesnt bring me forward, what shell I do?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by deve
Zlib doesn't compress entire directories, only single datastreams, so just saying "use zlib to compress" isn't the whole story. You also need to know how the file table is built, how files are arranged, whether compression is per-file or overall, etc.

yes think so but I really dont understand about packing and what I shell do to pack my files, what you say doesnt bring me forward, what shell I do?
Just so you know, I think you mean "shall", not "shell" [smile]

Anyway, I'd be surprised if anyone here knew. We don't know the file structure or encryption algorithm. Without knowing these things, it's impossible to help you re-pack your files.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]

You shall either (a) find the information yourself on the internet (including learning enough to understand that information), or (b) find a packer on the internet, or (c) figure it out yourself from the game and data files directly, or (d) give up.
Quote:Original post by MikeTacular

Just so you know, I think you mean "shall", not "shell" [smile]

Anyway, I'd be surprised if anyone here knew. We don't know the file structure or encryption algorithm. Without knowing these things, it's impossible to help you re-pack your files.

ya ya I meen shell :) sorry my english is not good.. I did email now to Luigi he is the guy who made the unpacker and asked him for filestructer of this game will it be possible then to pack the files if you know this?

You shall either (a) find the information yourself on the internet (including learning enough to understand that information), or (b) find a packer on the internet, or (c) figure it out yourself from the game and data files directly, or (d) give up.

(a) no information in internett. (B) did search and try many packers no result (c) trying to figure it out but no luck :( (d) cant :)
will it be possible to make a packer when I found the filestructer of tables ???
This unpacker you speak of, is it an actual product (commercial or freeware) or is it just a program that some guy made to specifically read and unpack the data files for this particular game? If the files indeed use zlib compression then there are lots of programs out there that can unpack and pack your files.
I used to mod GTA and a lot of tools used to do so are made my hobby programmers/modders in their spare time, because the data structure of the files is specific to the game. Fortunately however, GTA has a very large modding community so it's easy to get help with it. From the sound of it, DH2005 does not have a very large modding community, so you might have to figure things out yourself.

EDIT:
Quote:
Original post by deve
(a) no information in internett.

Well this is the first result that came up in Google when i typed in "modding DH2005":
http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/dh2005-mods
I didn't read it all but some guy there (it's not you is it [grin]) asked about modding DH2005. He got a few responses.
[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers
Quote:Original post by XTAL256
This unpacker you speak of, is it an actual product (commercial or freeware) or is it just a program that some guy made to specifically read and unpack the data files for this particular game? If the files indeed use zlib compression then there are lots of programs out there that can unpack and pack your files.
I used to mod GTA and a lot of tools used to do so are made my hobby programmers/modders in their spare time, because the data structure of the files is specific to the game. Fortunately however, GTA has a very large modding community so it's easy to get help with it. From the sound of it, DH2005 does not have a very large modding community, so you might have to figure things out yourself.

EDIT:
Quote:
Original post by deve
(a) no information in internett.

Well this is the first result that came up in Google when i typed in "modding DH2005":
http://www.moddb.com/forum/thread/dh2005-mods
I didn't read it all but some guy there (it's not you is it [grin]) asked about modding DH2005. He got a few responses.

the unpacker is just a script on dos format someone elese made nothing commercial.Gta comminty to search there ? I asked someone from there before who was a friend of some guy called vanish he did the mod for dh2004 and he knows how to pack the files . But this guy on gta forum didnt know about him and also about the packing those files.Maybee I post some help there 2 . Thank you..

dh2005 was never moded before it has none moding stuff, I will be the first who did. Ya I did mode allready add some good stuff and so but on the final step I cant pack it.

this webpage on moddb they talking about a possibility to unpack the files and at the final they say its not possible.Of course its possible allready done also packing back , the only way I dont no is packing back.Does weird data.00x files. I am sure those files uses classic zlib library to pack coz thats what the unpacker says.

anybody here have an idee how to ???
Here's the real problem. The EULA forbids reverse engineering. Which makes it somewhat problematic to provide any real working solution...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement