Compressing problem

Started by
38 comments, last by jpetrie 14 years, 10 months ago
Quote:Original post by deveYaya
I understand nobody in here will help me also np ty.
That's more or less correct. We don't know the file structure; I highly doubt anyone cares enough to spend their time figuring it out and making a packer for you; we don't want to be the ones breaking the EULA; very few of us, if any, have a copy of Deer Hunter 2005 to try things out with; etc, etc. From Google, here's the extractor. If you're really motivated, take a moment to just "reverse" whatever that extractor is doing.
[size=2][ I was ninja'd 71 times before I stopped counting a long time ago ] [ f.k.a. MikeTacular ] [ My Blog ] [ SWFer: Gaplessly looped MP3s in your Flash games ]
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by MikeTacular
Quote:Original post by deveYaya
I understand nobody in here will help me also np ty.
That's more or less correct. We don't know the file structure; I highly doubt anyone cares enough to spend their time figuring it out and making a packer for you; we don't want to be the ones breaking the EULA; very few of us, if any, have a copy of Deer Hunter 2005 to try things out with; etc, etc. From Google, here's the extractor. If you're really motivated, take a moment to just "reverse" whatever that extractor is doing.

ya I am trying to reverse this now ty.

Quote:Original post by deve
cant you see on my first post there is a header.bin of the file included.

Sorry, i didn't see that. But you still didn't say what header.bin is or what is in it.
[Window Detective] - Windows UI spy utility for programmers
The file starts with APK. So my wild guess is that is an android package with the game resources. But I could be wrong.

http://dotwhat.net/apk/9197/

Good luck.
Quote:Original post by ravengangrel
The file starts with APK. So my wild guess is that is an android package with the game resources. But I could be wrong.

http://dotwhat.net/apk/9197/

Good luck.

Android didn't exist in 2005.
Quote:Original post by XTAL256
Quote:Original post by deve
cant you see on my first post there is a header.bin of the file included.

Sorry, i didn't see that. But you still didn't say what header.bin is or what is in it.

I did cut with file cutter the original data.001 file for you to check the file structur or donno whould be helpfull I thought.

Ok I uploaded also now the original data.001 file http://www.2shared.com/file/5896612/4e60839f/Data.html thats exact how my folder should compressed like then us data.002

[Edited by - deve on May 22, 2009 7:20:37 AM]
Quote:Original post by AntheusAndroid didn't exist in 2005.

Aw, you're right.

No more ideas, I fear.
Quote:Original post by ravengangrel
Quote:Original post by AntheusAndroid didn't exist in 2005.

Aw, you're right.

No more ideas, I fear.

thank you but just guessing something whould not help anyways, if you are familair with compressing and programming language you just have to look at the file I posted and you will nknow how this will be compressed ..

I dont no any programming languages thats why I am asking here for help...
it shouldnt be that compilicate.

If it's not so complicated, why don't you do it yourself?

I
II
III
IV
V
Because he doesn't know how to program, and thinks it will be too much work to learn.

deve, I told you in IRC the last however many dozen of times you joined to ask this question. If you need to compress some files, you either need to find a tool that does it on the internet (the Deer Hunter mod community will be the place to look for that) or write one yourself, including doing all the research and learning that entails.

End of story. If there are no tools available to do this already, and you are incapable of writing one yourself, then unfortunately, you are out of luck. There's nothing any of us can do for you. It's not nearly as simple as you think -- we cannot just look at some random file you posted and immediately understand how to decompress it. Nor, in point of fact, are we in the business of providing such a service anyway.

I'm afraid you will need to take your request to a Deer Hunter modding forum, or, alternatively, learn to program. I gave you some links to resources in IRC where you could begin your education in that domain if you are so inclined; if you need further assistance, feel free to create a new thread in this forum.

Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement