• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
uedgk360

how do i program a skill and stat tree like in diablo 2

This topic is 3411 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
What are you programming in?

Pretty much for stuff like this I would write down on paper what you want it to do, if you want a whole interface like in diablo2 its going to be alot of work...

Basically draw everything, have buttons for each skill, to activate skills lower in the tree make sure there is enough points in stuff above it.

What, specifically, are you needing to know more about? Without more specifics, I would recommend that you begin by reading about trees and other data structures.

well first you create a data structure that represents your tree. Then you implement a tree traversal so that you can display an update your tree.

Quote:
Original post by yewbie
What are you programming in?

Pretty much for stuff like this I would write down on paper what you want it to do, if you want a whole interface like in diablo2 its going to be alot of work...

Basically draw everything, have buttons for each skill, to activate skills lower in the tree make sure there is enough points in stuff above it.

c++ and opengl

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!