• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
spiderninja

Emotion forms - Ideas?

This topic is 3316 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey guys, this is continued from my last post : How many powers is too many? I have put the forms into this outline: Emotion: What emotion the form is based on Weapon: The weapon that the form uses Acquired by: How the form is acquired Physical Attack: The speed, strength and range of the physical attack Magic Attack: The speed, strength and range of the magic attack Defense: The strength of the defense Movement: Description of how the character moves in this form Element: The element of form Unique Skill: A skill only this form has Conditions: A positive or negative effect of using this form Also there is some terms people might not recognize. These are: Reiker = Main Character/Protagonist Aldon = Main character's party member Jahla = Main character's party member Kiah = Main character's party member Nahka Panema = Monster inside people that gives them their powers Assistant 1,2,3 = Bad Guy's helpers Bad Guy = Main antagonist Angel = Ending bosses Well here are the forms, note that some areas have an asterisk next to them, this means I have not thought of an option to fill them with. Emotion: Joy Weapon: Daggers Acquired by: Defeating Reiker's Nahka Panema after boss fight 2 Physical Attack: Fast speed, Weak power, Close range Magic Attack: Medium speed, Medium power, Close range Defense: Low Movement: Fast and Acrobatic Element: Wind. Strong against Fire, Weak against Electric Unique Skill: Run quickly for a certain amount of time. Conditions: Increased flow of health and upgrade points from defeated enemies. Emotion: Sorrow Weapon: A large sword and shield Acquired by: Absorbing Aldon's Nahka Panema during boss fight #? Physical Attack: Slow speed, Strong power, Medium range Magic Attack: Slow speed, Weak power, Medium range Defense: High Movement: Slow and Steady Element: Ice. Strong against Electric, Weak against Fire Unique Skill: Break through defenses/cracked walls Conditions: Can't be knocked down by heavy blows. Emotion: Rage Acquired by: Absorbing Jahla's Nahka Panema during boss fight #? Weapon: Gauntlets Physical Attack: Medium speed, Medium power, Close range Magic Attack: Fast speed, Strong power, Medium range Defense: Medium Movement: Tensed muscles Element: Fire. Strong against Wind element, Weak against Ice Unique Skill: Grabbing of enemies/objects and throw them Conditions: * Emotion: Fear Acquired by: Absorbing Kiah's Nahka Panema during boss fight #? Weapon: Guns Physical Attack: Fast speed, Medium power, Long range Magic Attack: Medium speed, Medium power, Long range Defense: Low Movement: Quick and Shaky Element: Electric. Strong against Ice, Weak against Wind Unique Skill: Can hit objects from far away Conditions: * Emotion: Surprise Acquired by: Defeating Assistant 1 Weapon: Large ninja stars Physical Attack: Fast speed, Medium power, Long range Magic Attack: Fast speed, Medium power, Long range Defense: Low Movement: Quick steps and large jumps Element: Metal. No elemental weakness, No elemental strengths Unique Skill: Can pin enemies/objects to others by throwing stars into them Conditions: * Emotion: Disgust Acquired by: Defeating Assistant 2 Weapon: Whip Physical Attack: Fast speed, Weak power, Medium range Magic Attack: Medium speed, Medium power, Close range Defense: Medium Movement: Casual jog Element: Poison. No elemental weakness, No elemental strengths Unique Skill: Can grab onto objects/enemies with whip, and either pull them closer, or pull self closer to them Conditions: * Emotion: Wonder Acquired by: Defeating Assistant 3 Weapon: Staff Physical Attack: Medium speed, Weak power, Medium range Magic Attack: Medium speed, Strong power, Long range Defense: Low Movement: * Element: Time. No elemental weakness, No elemental strengths Unique Skill: Pause time for a short amount of time Conditions: * Emotion: Emptiness/Lack of emotion Acquired by: Defeating Bad Guy Weapon: * Physical Attack: * Magic Attack: * Defense: * Movement: * Element: Dimension. Strong against Energy, Weak against Energy Unique Skill: Can teleport small distances, horizontally and vertically Conditions: * Emotion: Fulfillment/Complete emotion Acquired by: Fight with Final Angel Weapon: * Physical Attack: Magic Attack: * Defense: * Movement: * Element: Energy. Strong against Dimension, Weak against Dimension Unique Skill: * Conditions: * Emotion: Love Acquired by: Secret Weapon: Spear Physical Attack: Medium speed, Strong power, Medium range Magic Attack: Slow speed, Strong power, Long Range Defense: Medium Movement: Glides just above the ground Element: Light. Strong against Dark, Weak against Dark. Unique Skill: Doesn't touch the ground, so can float over hazardous ground Conditions: Small bonuses of health every few seconds Emotion: Hate Acquired by: Secret Weapon: None Physical Attack: Fast speed, Strong power, Medium range Magic Attack: Fast speed, Weak power, Close range Defense: Medium Movement: Beast-like, on all fours Element: Dark. Strong against Light, Weak against Light. Unique Skill: Can stick to objects and walls Conditions: A slow drain of health whilst in this mode So that's what I came up with. Please any help on improving these would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, James

Advertisement
Re: Weapons of Joy

I don't think that the weapon of Joy should be daggers, because daggers are usually considered an evil weapon. Since Joy is in general not associated with combat, you could consider a tool that is not designed to be weapon, but for other joyful purpose.

In my case I chose a recreational/sport equipment, and the finishing move of that 'weapon' does not kill the enemy but gives a 'homerun'.

Another one of such 'weapon' I used were bells, frying pan, bagel bazooka, bunny, and chili pepper.

Options that other people used include: soccer ball, yoyo, squishy hammer, teddy bear, rubber duck, giant chicken, puppies, etc... You see that the common choice is a non-weapon used as a weapon.

In your case you could associate the weapon with wind. For example, the 'weapon' could be giant bubble loop, that can make bubbles to trap enemies, and also act like a staff in defense.

If you want to keep the action set of throwing things, perhaps using marbles as weapon would be more fitting than using daggers. But it is going to be a lot more painful to watch than watching monsters getting bubbled up.

I don't think these choices would match the tone of your world, so you would need to think about a tool that the protagonists used to play with together. That tool could be a kind of hidden symbol that represents the group that the protagonist realizes during his battle against his mirrored NP.

[Edited by - Wai on May 24, 2009 1:07:16 AM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!