Which of these engines?

Started by
0 comments, last by SiCrane 14 years, 11 months ago
So, I'm looking for which engine I want to learn and use on my gaming projects. I will be creating a few small single chapter rpg's to introduce me to the engine - slowly incorporating more complex pieces as I go. The games will be 2d, perhaps isometric, and will eventually have multiplayer capabilities. I'll be including co-op play when I am able. After I have learned what I need, and met some great people, I would like to re-evaluate on the possibility of furthering the game to a massive multiplayer state, but would like for the engine I am using to be powerful and efficient enough to complete these goals. I would like to be able to release my single chapter games in a way that people can play them online, in a web browser. Though this isn't set in stone yet. With that said - What do you guys think about DX Studio (&#106avascript), Pushbutton Engine (ActionScript), or Game Maker (GML)? Whereas I would have never considered Game Maker before hand, it does seem that lots of stuff is being put out by people who use the program, and I've even found Wanderlust, which is quite a magnificent little co-op online rpg. Thanks for your opinions!
Advertisement
Cross post. Closed.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement