• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
emforce

books

This topic is 3318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hello, i am planning on getting 2 programming books in about 2 weeks and would like to know about openGL what exactly does it do for you? do you have features like that of blender which allow you to create intricate models which can be used in the games you create? how exactly does it work? is it easy to implement into current game projects? is it easy to pick up? or do you have to buy huge monolithic tomes to create a cube? oh yeah i would also like to know is there any good books which introduce me to simple 2d games? can anyone recommend a good one for a beginner c++ that will provide examples and help you build simple 2d games and also advance your current knowledge of c++? my current level of c++ is creating simple input>> calculate >> output so please do not recommend anything thats meant for game programmers that work for blizzard, bungie or activision. :P

Advertisement
If your current knowledge of C++ is that primitive, I would suggest a book that introduces you to the language, not to API's that associate with the language.

I can give you recommendations on books, but you won't understand even the first lesson if you don't understand the basic principles associated with C++. You must hop before you can leap.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!