• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jaktrip

Level Editor

This topic is 3500 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there, I'm not exactly new to game development - I am rather new to *modern computer* development. I have written (and continue to write) games for the good old Commodore 64. Now for PC game dev, I require some tools. I started looking at eclipse and it seems a nice env for coding Java. What I currently need is a good flexible 2d level editor. It should have features like these: - different tile sizes/shapes possible - storing additional info with each tile, e.g. collision info. - defining not only tiles but "blocks of tiles". E.g. I have an 80x80 tile and I can devine a block consisting of 4 tiles (makes level generation easier) - keyboard steering - multiple clipboards I can't seem to find anything like this. If you can point me to other fun tools I might need for 2d game dev, hints are appreciated. Preferred would be OSX or portable tools. Regards, JTR

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!