Wings of Armada (feedback request)

Started by
3 comments, last by berserker 14 years, 10 months ago
Hi guys! Here is the game we've been working since we released Armada Tanks. This game uses same engine, part of the art assests and is built with similar visual style and gameplay in mind so it's kinda spin-off, however it is fundamentally different. In general it's nowhere near lighthearted shmup Armada Tanks was, while sharing same gameplay fundamentals - we've tried to add more complexity in it. There is a big map for each level with various missions, some of them are optional, a lot of destructible scenery to break. There is also a lot of secrets and areas that can be unlocked once you obtain some key element on later level, therefore the game has quite some replay value if you decide to do more than following obligatory missions. The core gameplay of Wings of Armada is similar to Armada Tanks - you shot and you shoot a lot! You control helicopter that has massive upgrade potential - various weapons and gadgets, but for some side missions you can control other vehicles like different tank modifications. This game is quite reminiscent to the Strike series that was so popular in 16-bit era (Desert Strike, Jungle Strike, Urban Strike) except Wings of Armada is casualized reincarnation with all those tedious fuel and ammo stuff being thrown out. Here is a few screenshots attached: Gameplay video #1 - here So what do you think about this litte game, guys? Would Jungle Strike reincarnation in a way we reincarnated Battle City with Armada Tanks is something you might be interested in giving a shot?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by berserker
So what do you think about this litte game, guys? Would Jungle Strike reincarnation in a way we reincarnated Battle City with Armada Tanks is something you might be interested in giving a shot?
Looks pretty neat - love the indestructible trees [wink]

Tristam MacDonald. Ex-BigTech Software Engineer. Future farmer. [https://trist.am]

They are destructable, they just burn before they vanish :)
the weapon seems like just a constant autofire spray, a bit like r-type... I would like more weight in it, and maybe limit in some way. If you dont want pickups with ammo, then maybe cooldown or overheating or something. Now the player just holds down and everything dies in a big mess.

Also the helicopter seems to move very "floaty". Maybe you could strife or something to give the player more to actually do, duck incoming missiles etc...

The graphics is very nice.
E
Why limiting shooting? We intentionally made it more shooterish and impression that weapon is wiping out enemies easily only because it's just an early demo, not a final balanced level, plus this is fully upgraded weapon which will be available more to the end of the game.

RE: helicopter movement. Actually I am not really sure about how to put it. Adding weight to movement will make controls harder so I am not really sure it is good idea. I like when controls are simple enough and good thing in this game we don't have to follow realism so we can compromise on helicopter movement type.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement