Dynametric Light Tightening, Reframbriance, and Approxiflexion

Started by
4 comments, last by Krypt0n 14 years, 11 months ago
That's right, these are apparently amoung the latest tricks and techniques to be developed by High Voltage Software for their Quantum3 engine. Read the interview here: http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/982/982962p2.html Now if I was cynical, I might accuse them of just making up terms for the purposes of marketing. But apparently they resulted from "our engineers experience and understanding of the underlying mathematics and physical principals of light and rendering". Hmmm.... So assuming they do have some meaning, what do you think they could be referring to? Dynametric Light Tightening: Relating to tightening the lights frustrum to maximise shadow map resolution, perhaps? Reframbriance: Ummm... No idea. Approxiflexion: Obviously a conatenation of 'Approximate Reflection'... how might it differ from environment maps? It's a slightly tongue-in-cheek thread... but any thoughts?!
Advertisement
Just a guess to reframbiance is that it would have something to do with ambient light.
(No-Duh)
Perhaps a cool way to represent either refraction or reflection with ambience? Perhaps fusing two parts of the typical BDRF scheme?

But I doubt any names that are that hard to say will catch on...
ROFLMAO-GG-HF-GL-LOL-TTYL-BRB-GTG
I wouldn't know much about these techniques. I'm not so into Lighting or physics.

My forte is more: Coding optimization using seemless Synchraffinitization and Mutexterpated lockless multithreading.

Quote:Original post by hdanw
I wouldn't know much about these techniques. I'm not so into Lighting or physics.

My forte is more: Coding optimization using seemless Synchraffinitization and Mutexterpated lockless multithreading.

I see what you did there.

[size="1"]
Yeah, well I've just developed a new way of applying textures to particles. I'm calling the result 'Texticles' [smile]
Quote:Original post by PolyVox
Yeah, well I've just developed a new way of applying textures to particles. I'm calling the result 'Texticles' [smile]

you made my day! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement