Just released a new game. Where to advertise it?

Started by
13 comments, last by Ravuya 14 years, 10 months ago
Upgrade the version to 1.0. A version 0.5 makes sense to developers, but if I was just some guy I may be a little confused about buying software version one half.

Oh, I just read the rest of the page. You already addressed that issue. Change it anyway. Versions are more or less arbitrary.
--------------------------I present for tribute this haiku:Inane Ravings OfThe Haunting JubilationA Mad Engineer©Copyright 2005 ExtrariusAll Rights Reserved
Advertisement
Downloading it now.
If I like it, I'll add a link on my site.
-----OpenEndedAdventure.com - The Adventure that Anyone Can Edit.
Quote:Original post by Phytoplankton
Downloading it now.
If I like it, I'll add a link on my site.

Update - Your game is awesome. I've added a link to it on my site.
-----OpenEndedAdventure.com - The Adventure that Anyone Can Edit.
Wow guys, thanks a lot. It's great to see people enjoying the game.

Phytoplankton, I read your review and it's great! First review ever, infact. I really appreciate it.

I actually haven't posted anywhere other than Gamedev just yet. I tried posting on gamespot forums but they complained about advertising and permanently banned my newly created account.. So for all those wanting to advertise their own games in the future.. don't bother there. :p

Still.. here are some interesting website figures for the past 3 days for you. Purely from Gamedev Image of the Day (and this post too, I guess). This is from Google Analytics:

Image Of The Day Views: 2096
Total Visits to Site: 432
Absolute Unique Visitors: 299
Game Downloads: 109

So.. 15% of people visited the site, of which about a third actually downloaded the game. Interesting stuff!

I wonder if a higher or lower ratio will be achieved from other sites.. I'll keep you posted!

Cheers,
Ben.

--------------------------Check out my free, top-down multiplayer shooter: Subvein
IOTD might actually be more popular than the forums. I've had people in real life mention that they visit the IOTD but they had no idea about the forums' existence.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement