• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
wforl

Windows 7 and directx compiling

This topic is 3407 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I seem to be getting the following error, when compiling to the debug runtimes, in the dx control panel. This has only happened since installing Windows 7
Direct3D9: (ERROR) :The specified adapter does not support a D3D9 hardware device

Ive tried both November 08, and March 09 and get the same result. It works fine with the realease runtimes, but not the debug runtimes. Any ideas? Windows 7 32 8800gtx cheers

Advertisement
I had the same problem (Windows 7 32-bit, with 9400gt). To resolve it all i did was run a windows update and visited nVidia's website to get the latest drivers..http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/win7_x86_185.85_whql_uk.html

That would be yours for the UK drivers for Windows 7. Thats all i did.

Hope it helps!

Well, i dont know what to do. For the last few days ive been reinstalling the nvidia drivers and the directx sdk, but with the exact same results.

Im running the w7 drivers off the nvidia site, and have tried both november and march for the dx sdk.

So i take it that you guys arent having any problems? Any other ideas of what could be wrong?

I had the same problem and I had to install older drivers to resolve it. It only happened with the Debug runtime as well, but when I installed version 179.48 the problem went away.

To download old drivers, go here and select "Beta and Archived drivers".

I submitted a bug report to nVidia, but I haven't heard back from them yet.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!