• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
carlito999

unresolved external symbol

This topic is 3496 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I m receiving an error message like this: unresolved external symbol "unsigned int * textPlane" (?textPlane@@3PAIA) does anyone know how to resolve this?

Advertisement
The linker cannot find the code for that function or the definition of the variable (whichever it is supposed to be). Either you forgot to write/define it, you haven't included the source file for it, or forgot to link the library that contains it. Either way, the name can't be found anywhere.

But there is no function named like this. I also commented out codes written after correct execution. But that error message still remain like a ghost!!!

I think i need to do some change in project settings. Help me out!!!

Do a full project-wide search for that name then and see if it's still in use somewhere. As it is, the name is used somewhere, and the linker cannot find it. Perhaps a full rebuild will get rid of it, if some files are not up to date but still in use.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!