• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dbh

Recommended iPhone Dev Books

This topic is 3414 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Curious what our veterans would recommend... I am a C/C++ game designer/programmer with a DirectX9 background. I've developed award-winning games for years, both indie and professional, and I am now looking into iPhone game development for our studio (most of the rest of the team has some C experience, but mostly come from web (PHP/javascript) backgrounds. For me, where would you recommend I start? I have about 1-2 weeks to skill-up for the iPhone. I understand some familiarity with Objective-C is a plus, as the API calls through Cocoa use it. I also am not familiar with OpenGLES (or OpenGL, but do have a graphics background with DX9). Is there a good book out there that you would recommend I hit to get up to speed? I could just get my feet wet (probably will do that regardless), but thought I may reach out to fellow Gamedev.net folks to see if anyone else was in my shoes sometime in the last year. Thanks for any tips! -David

Advertisement
other than the Opengl Red book, there really isnt much in the way of iphone books :)

read the obj-c manual from apple, and that should get you going.

Yeah, that Beginning iPhone Development book is roaming our office at the moment - our guys like it a lot too. I will definitely check out the blog and tutorials - that may be a good place to sharpen and hone.

Thanks!

If you want a paid online course with one-on-one hand holding, videos and pdf - take a look at the iphone course offered at EDUmobile.org

For readers at GameDev, PM me and I will get you free starting chapters and free videos from the course.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!