Mesh animation

Started by
1 comment, last by yoni1993 14 years, 10 months ago
Hello, Recently ive been messing with DarkGDK (based Dx9) SDK which for me, is a very good time saver SDK. I came up with some question which hard for me to find the solution. I know creating my own mesh, but how do i add to it animation ? (walk, run, ...) Since im training on making an FPS game, i need weapon and enemies, well, there are alot of weapons, and each weapon have his own dimension, so its will mess up the fire animation, the weapon will get not offset right, does it mean i need create fire, run, walk animation to EACH GUN ? Thank you very much.
Advertisement
actually your mesh has frames. Then you build a Hand or a Weapon frame which is just at the pos where you char should hold his weapon (most time in the hand)

when you animate your mesh you get the HandFrame Transformation matrix and use it for drawing your weapon mesh. This way your weapon will move if the player moves his hand.

there is a book: "Programming a RTS Game" which covers this stuff very good, i followed his way and it works good :)
right, but what if the weapon is bigger than the previous weapon, then i will need to make different frames for each weapon ?

Is there any good software to create frames to mesh btw ?
Autodesk 3DSMax seem to be very big for what i need and cost $3000~ xD

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement