Skinable Flash MMO's?

Started by
7 comments, last by Hybris 14 years, 10 months ago
Anybody know of any good Flash MMO's where you can just change the graphics and object atributes to create a new game?
"I am not a number!" - The Prisoner
Advertisement
I am sorry to crush your hopes, but the chances of that are next to nill. First of all there are not many Flash MMO's in the first place. Second, to make an MMo you need a lot of free time - in most cases it will take more than one year to develop a game on this scale, even in flash. And do you think that anyone will give away all the code, gfx, (IE everything) that they worked on for one year for free?
(The answer will be no to that)

Again, sorry if I am crushing your dreams here, but you will have more success if you pick another genre.
Thx. Didnt think so. Thot I'd take a shot at it. There are lots of other substantial projects out in the wild that are free. I had just been looking at OpenSpace & SmartFoxServer over at GotoAndPlay.com

I should prob look for a single player system of some kind, as all I was I wanted to do was try out a concept.
What in particular would you have wanted to do? Change the graphics of an existing game? I might be able to point you in the right direction in that case... :)
Quote:Original post by pseudobot
What in particular would you have wanted to do? Change the graphics of an existing game? I might be able to point you in the right direction in that case... :)
Ya. That'd be kool. Thx. Anything with a Day/Night function? The idea I had was isometric cartoon based secret agent mouse scenario. Change the graphics and be able to mod character and object attributes. Ideally Flash based to be able to do sfx with flash movies, eg: zoom magnifying glass, etc, etc.
Quote:Original post by websmythe
The idea I had was isometric cartoon based secret agent mouse scenario.

Haha. I'd pay to play a DangerMouse MMO.

Quote:Original post by Kylotan
Quote:Original post by websmythe
The idea I had was isometric cartoon based secret agent mouse scenario.

Haha. I'd pay to play a DangerMouse MMO.

Hahaha 2 kool luv it
Metaplace went into open beta recently.
The only thing that comes to mind is NWN (its not flash and its not free (but cheap) and you can apparently set up persiting worlds in it).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement