Sign in to follow this  
TylerMoore

C++ (VS2008) What is "dplay.h" and where can I find the header?

Hello, I moved a project from one computer to another, and certain include directories did not get moved (making compiling impossible). So I'm rebuilding those directories by hunting down the required SDKs and the like so I can: -Build the project -Document exactly what SDKs and libraries were needed to compile (sloppy former coders) Right now I'm missing a file called "dplay.h". I think it's part of the DirectX SDK, so I downloaded the March 2009 package, and added the include directory (Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (March 2009)\Include) to Project -> Properties -> Additional Include Directories, however I am still missing the dplay header. At this point I search the SDK package for the header file, and it's not there. What SDK/Library etc. does it belong to? Any help would be appreciated. My IT degree didn't involve coding on a major project beyond "Make a chat engine" :P Thanks!

dplay.h is a DirectPlay header that was once part of the DirectX SDK. I believe it has been deprecated for a while now. Maybe you could try downloading an older version of the SDK?