Sign in to follow this  
of_ownage

COM INTERFACES

hi, i got some problems with this crap stuff^^ i got a ID3DXFONT* created with D3DXCreateFontIndirect(); so as far as i know this increments the reference count from my Device. Now i got some memory leaks 0.62mb, and i wanted to clear them. Ok i debug, find the alloc id. then i break at that alloc ID. Its in Font->DrawText(); ok what does that mean? is the font the problem? because in my destructor i release the font and its reference count is 0!!!! so where is the memory leak? the font has a ref count 0, do i have to call release right after D3DXCreateFontIndirect()? for my Device?? i thought that this func adds a ref, and if i call Font->Release() that reference gets decremented. thank you for any help :D

0.62MiB does not sound very measurable, you always have some fluctuations in that respect. Without knowing how you debugged your application, maybe you could check with valgrind (memcheck)?

edit: Oops, my failure. As far as I know Valgrind is GNU/Linux only. Dunno about similar and free tools for windows :/

i debug with directx Panel and the 0.62 doesnt really matter anyway :D

i can break on allocID, that lets me break where the allocation occured that wasnt later freed. and that is in ID3DXFont->Draw, so what does that mean?^^

i really dont understand this cos if i release my font its reference count is zero so that should delete the memory.

Anyone has a idea?