• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Modeling tool

This topic is 3158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello Can anyone tell me about the best modeling tool known for its compatibility when exporting to Native DirextX9 / C++ ?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by ShinKoKyuu
Hello

Can anyone tell me about the best modeling tool known for its compatibility when exporting to Native DirextX9 / C++ ?

What format are you using?

If you are using the .x format try KWX, it is a good exporter for 3DStudio Max. I anyway advise to switch to another format because the .x format is deprecated and it is not anymore supported in DirectX10+.

Well it depends on what you're doing, and what your price range is. I prefer 3dsmax if I have the choice, but it's very very very pricey. Many artists also like Maya.

For free options there's Blender, but with most people that app is love-it or hate-it (I'm in the latter category). I like XSI ModTool, but you can only use it for non-commercial products.

Thanx

I began practicing in directx9, and read about meshes and how they can be exported from .x files ..etc

so i was wondering what is the best modeling tool that i should stick with to get the most of directx and don't confront compatibility issues.

and since .x is deprecated, are there any alternative?
I don't like 3ds max, and i have little experience with maya and xsi, and blender is an option.

which is recommended in this case?

thank you ^^

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement