Sign in to follow this  
n3Xus

[DX10] Release build problems and effects

Hello, On my friends PC, which doesn't have the DX SDK, the D3DX10CreateEffectFromFileA function always fails with E_FAIL. It crashes before it fills the error blob or it doesn't even have anything it in. These are the libs I link: DxErr.lib d3dx10.lib d3d10.lib DXGI.lib I disable all debug flags for device and HLSL flags. Any ideas what I could've missed? Second: I'm trying to get D3D10CreateEffectFromMemory to work and try to load effects with this, but I get E_FAIL always (I compile them with the fxc tool). I've read somewhere that this tool is buggy, and that I should create the effect with D3DX10CreateEffectFromFile and then save the compiled effect to file (something like that). The problem is that I can't find a way to get the compiled effect and save it to the file.

Quote:
Original post by n3Xus
Hello,

On my friends PC, which doesn't have the DX SDK, the D3DX10CreateEffectFromFileA function always fails with E_FAIL. It crashes before it fills the error blob or it doesn't even have anything it in.
These are the libs I link:
DxErr.lib
d3dx10.lib
d3d10.lib
DXGI.lib
I disable all debug flags for device and HLSL flags. Any ideas what I could've missed?

Second: I'm trying to get D3D10CreateEffectFromMemory to work and try to load effects with this, but I get E_FAIL always (I compile them with the fxc tool). I've read somewhere that this tool is buggy, and that I should create the effect with D3DX10CreateEffectFromFile and then save the compiled effect to file (something like that). The problem is that I can't find a way to get the compiled effect and save it to the file.

Do the friend PC have the SAME D3DX bimonthly update? This is a common error... (make him update its directx through the installer used by microsoft)