• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PolyBrain

OpenGL greek caracters with openGl

This topic is 3400 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
hi Aken H Bosch,

I dont think so, the special caracters (alpha, beta, . . .) doesnot appear if i use glutBitmapCharacter or glutStrokeCaracter.

I'm guessing you're going to have to get your hands a little dirty.

The gist of it is you end up creating a texture with all the characters you want then load them into an array of display list you can index in a logical manor. Generally you map the values to line up with the ascii values for the corresponding letter of the alphabet, but in your case you could use whatever makes sense. The hard part may be creating the greek character image file.

hi Goober King,

Thank you for your help, i also thaught about the texture technique, your clarifications are useful. I hope that someone had the necessity to display scientific characters with opengl and wrote it :o)...any one heard about that ?

regards

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!