polygon / point collision needed !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by
3 comments, last by Evil Steve 14 years, 10 months ago
Hi, I am trying to solve polygon collision test, but I a have a problem to make it. I found normals but I confuse with plane distance formula. Can anyone help me???? There are the code of my vertex data: for(i=0; i<a->wld->num_faces; i++) { t[0]=a->wld->vertex; t[1]=a->wld->vertex[i+1]; t[2]=a->wld->vertex[i+2]; calculate_normal(t[0],t[1],t[2],&normal.x,&normal.y,&normal.z); ...... ...... how do I do polygon/point intersection test ????? }
Advertisement
Would you mind stop placing so many exclamation marks? I just woke up and it's too much for my ears right now.
I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you want to know if a 3D point is inside a polygon? If so, that is not very practical since most likely the point will be above or below your polygon, not exactly on the plane.

If you are doing a collision test, you want to test for the intersection between a line/ray and a polygon. Google this and you'll find many examples
Oh now I realise. You really hope to get answers by ignoring us, but instead posting the same thread over and over again, and each time you approximately double triple the number of exclamation marks:

Bad try. You might want to read the following first:

What phresnel said. Unless you have a new question, don't start a new thread.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement