Sign in to follow this  
Ntvu

Code::Blocks Problems

I just installed the latest version of Code::Blocks. I downloaded the 19 MB installer for Windows today. For some reason though, it didn't install the GCC compiler that was supposed to come with it, so instead I'm using the Visual Studio 2005 / 2008 compiler. However, I'm running into a few problems. I also have a few questions. 1. When I try to create a Win32 Windowed Application or wxWidgets Application, I get an error saying that it could not open 'windows.h'. 2. I am able to use the Visual Studio compiler with Code::Blocks, right? Or do I have to use the GCC compiler if I want to develop applications under Code::Blocks? 3. In the projects menu you can create applications for wxWidgets, OpenGL, SDL, QT4, OGRE, Glut, D, but do you need to set up separate files in order to create projects of these type? Or are the include and lib files for QT, SDL, OpenGL, etc. already installed and set up for Code::Blocks? Please try to answer or solve anything you can. I would really appreciate any help I can receive. Thanks.

Quote:

1. When I try to create a Win32 Windowed Application or wxWidgets Application, I get an error saying that it could not open 'windows.h'.

Is it the Visual express version you're using? I had to download the Platform SDK to be able to use windows.h. Other than that, check your include paths.
Quote:

2. I am able to use the Visual Studio compiler with Code::Blocks, right? Or do I have to use the GCC compiler if I want to develop applications under Code::Blocks?

Yes you are.
Quote:

3. In the projects menu you can create applications for wxWidgets, OpenGL, SDL, QT4, OGRE, Glut, D, but do you need to set up separate files in order to create projects of these type? Or are the include and lib files for QT, SDL, OpenGL, etc. already installed and set up for Code::Blocks?

You have to download each package from the appropriate site, either pre-compiled or source and install it yourself. You may have a look at the Codeblocks wiki, there are a few guidelines about installing third party libraries.