Sign in to follow this  
Ntvu

Sigh. I'm having so many problems setting up separate libraries.

In the past few days I've been trying to set up wxWidgets and various other window API's on IDEs such as Visual Studio 2005 and Code::Blocks. None of them were successful. I am very interested in creating windowed applications as I've been programming for three years already, and creating console applications is getting very boring. I don't know how to set them up though. I copy the include files to the include directory for my IDE. I also copy the lib files to the lib directory for my IDE. I don't know what else to do though. Is there a general set of rules that I have to follow to set up a new library or API such as SDL, SFML, wxWidgets, Qt, OpenGL, DirectX, etc? I'm having so much trouble doing this. I have only been able to set up SDL and OpenGL successfully before, not wxWidgets. I even posted a previous topic for help on setting up WXW. One person replied, and his solution didn't work. And I'm still trying to set up wxWidgets. This is so confusing...

Generally, adding the paths to your include, lib, etc directories should suffice.
( In MSVC options )

Don't copy shit into MSVC's directories.

Tools -> Customize -> Projects and Solutions -> VC++ Directories