• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectX , C#, ATI card and invalid triangles

This topic is 3183 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

im new to this forum, so first of all: Hello everyone :) i have a problem writing my university project app. i'm experiencing some strange face behavior, similar to flipped normal effect. it happens on meshes either generated from heightmap in c# (terrain) or meshes done in blender/3DS, what's more interesting: it doesnt happen on closed-in meshes like guns, boxes, etc., only with plane based terrain. The same code works perfectly on my project-mate's computer with nVidia card ( i have ATI ) my card : Radeon HD 3400 Driver Packaging Version 8.471-080225a1-060442C-Dell Direct3D Version 7.14.10.0567 I havent experienced this kind of problems in any game i'v played so far. Does anybody know what may be the problem ?

Advertisement
Try enabling the debug runtimes, in the DirectX Control Panel. This will cause the runtime to output debug spew about any errors or warnings.

Since you're using C# and you can't see the native debugger spew, you'll want to use DebugView.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement