Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jman522

GTA4 Modding Question?

Guest Jman522
I was wondering what tools where available for the GTA4 SDK? Any tools similar to those found in the Source Engine SDK? I would appreciate if anyone could help answer the question for me. Thank you ^^

I've never made a mod before so I don't know all the options avaible to you, but a quick google search turned up this:

constructMod

from the page:
"constructMod is a world editor for the video game Grand Theft Auto IV by Rockstar Games. This modification allows you to manipulate the existing objects or create new objects, with a full-blown ingame gui and mouse movement, the choices are yours."

Though (after making this post) I realized that it doesn't seem to be avaible to people who didn't donate code, but the same website offer this alternative:

get g4mhook (direct download)
"This SDK is designed to enable you to compile GTA modifications in C++, packaged are visual studio 2008 project files for convenience. This SDK is based on Aru's Scripthook version 2.1. A lot of you might be wondering what makes this hook so special, well I am glad you asked! ..."

This leads me to believe the editor that came with the game is unsatisfactory to the mod community, but you might want to look around before starting your mod.

You will find more info on the main page, and I'm sure there a couple of gta modding communities out there.

edit: looks like bbcode doesn't work, anybody know how I can make a link?
edit2: checked the faq :)

Guest Jman522
Quote:
Original post by picklejuice
I've never made a mod before so I don't know all the options avaible to you, but a quick google search turned up this:

constructMod

from the page:
"constructMod is a world editor for the video game Grand Theft Auto IV by Rockstar Games. This modification allows you to manipulate the existing objects or create new objects, with a full-blown ingame gui and mouse movement, the choices are yours."

This leads me to believe the editor that came with the game is unsatisfactory to the mod community, but you might want to look around before starting your mod.

edit: looks like bbcode doesn't work, anybody know how I can make a link?
edit2: checked the faq :)

ahh thanks thanks, I wasn't necessary going to make a mod, but a machinima, I was interested in gta4 since it offers a city landscape and AI population for me, rather then having to create all of that in Half Life 2, but half life 2 has the tools for body and facial animations, but I'm pretty sure GTA4 SDK doesn't =/. And for a good machinima I think facial animations are important for story telling.