D3D10: Different Geometry on RenderTargets in one vertex shader pass

Started by
1 comment, last by XVincentX 14 years, 10 months ago
Hello. I've got 2 separate render targets, and i would like to draw the same scene from 2 points of view. This would be possible if i made a render target array and then using a geometry shader (with rendertargetarrayindex), but i'm forced to make 2 separate render targets. Is possible to use SV_RenderTargetArrayIndex even with render target not created using texture2darray? Pratically what i want is to have a second depth buffer but from a different view matrix than the usual one. [Edited by - XVincentX on June 5, 2009 4:49:07 AM]
Advertisement
I know for certain that you can only have a single depth buffer enabled at a time. That pretty much eliminates using two different view matrices unless you have some way of ensuring that the rendering order of the vertices are from back to front... It would be very difficult to do.

Even so, if you do two passes to generate the two depth buffers, then you could take advantage of the z only speed increases. Perhaps the two passes could be fast enough with only z writing enabled?
I knew about the SpeedZ...ok, i will use that. I hoped to make all my works in a single pass.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement