Sign in to follow this  
senthil80

glVertexPointer & Graphics Card

Hi, I am using glVertexPointer with and without graphics card. What happens is when we draw a set of objects using glVertexPointer with graphics card FIRST and when we try to draw another set of objects using glVertexPointer without graphics card SECOND, i am unable to view the objects drawn at the SECOND time. Is there any particular reason why this happens... Thanks in advance for your reply... Regards Senthilkumar

What do you mean - "without graphics card"? Without graphics card you wont be able to boot in OS.

Its not without Graphics Card, its without VBO concept (glBindBufferARB, glGenBufferARB and so on). Guess you got what I mean. I am very new to this VBO and glVertexPointer concept

So what you are saying is, after you draw using VBO, you then draw something using vertex arrays, and you do not see it.

I am not aware of any issues relating to that. I use VBOs and immediate mode interchangeably and it works fine. Note that syntax for glVertexPointer is different for vertex arrays than for VBO. You probably overlooked something in your code, so post the drawing code for both cases. (Use ["source"] and ["/source"] tags, without the quotes).